City Centre Community Association counts down to National Indigenous Peoples Day on Friday, June 21st! Join us in these workshop series facilitated by Cultural Educators from the Musqueam First Nations.
Indigenous Walking Tour
- Discover the Indigenous historical landscape of Richmond in this outdoor walk led by a member of the First People of the Musqueam First Nation. Families welcome.
- Saturday, June 1st, 11:00am-12:30pm
- $10.75/ 1 session / For 16yrs+ / Barcode: 2725182
Indigenous Storytelling: Parent and Tot
- Gather together and participate in this cultural experience of storytelling and music for the young soul. Parent participation required.
- Friday, June 7th, 12:15 – 12:45pm
- $3.60/ 1 session / For 2-4yrs / Barcode: 2725179
Indigenous Plant Walk
- Enjoy a beautiful day outdoors in a Richmond park learning from a member of the First People of the Musqueam First Nation about medicinal, edible, traditional and present day usages of local flora.
- Saturday, June 15th, 11:00am-12:30pm
- $10.75/ 1 session / For 16yrs+ / Barcode: 2725185
Indigenous Community Art Project
- Drop by City Centre Community Centre any time between 11:00am – 4:00pm on Friday, June 21st. Help create a community art piece of Pacific Northwest animals or paint a cedar significant to the Indigenous culture that also represents the multicultural community of Richmond City Centre community. Facilitated by Indigenous Artist Christine Mackenzies. All skill levels are welcome. Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2250988221834539
- Friday, June 21, 11:00-4:30pm
- FREE / Drop-in / All Ages
Register for programs using the barcodes above at www.richmond.ca/register or by phone at 604-204-8588. The Indigenous Community Art Project on June 21 is free and does not require registration.