Fitness Centre Highlights
- A modern 4,000 square foot fitness facility for your workout
- Equipped with:
- Top of the line resistance machines from Life Fitness
- A wide range of free weights to meet everyone’s goals
- Resistance bands of all difficulties
- Medicine balls, kettlebells, and much more to integrate into your program!
- Adaptive equipment available
- 23 fully interactive cardio machines to track your workout with internet and games
- Designated stretching areas and equipment to help loosen up stiff muscles
- Multifunctional “SYNGRY360” exercise station combined with TRX for pull-ups, box jumps and overall body weight training
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the entire Fitness Centre
Hours of Operation
- 6:00am to 12:00am Friday & Saturday
- 6:00am to 11:00pm Sunday to Thursday
Fitness Centre Drop-Ins and Passes
Drop-in any time during our fitness centre hours for a session at the gym or to participate in a drop-in group fitness class. Fees for drop-ins, visit cards (10 visits), and Total Fitness Passes can be found here.
Group Fitness Registered Classes
Our registered fitness classes are an excellent way to learn new workout skills. Join us for registered fitness classes such as Pilates, Suspension Training with TRX and more. For most current class offerings, times, and fees, please see our Seasonal Guide.
Three ways to register:
- By Phone: 604-204-8588 or 604-276-4300
- Online: www.richmond.ca/register
- In person at City Centre Community Centre, located at 5900 Minoru Blvd
Need some extra motivation in the gym? Want more advice on proper lifting technique? Learn more about Personal Training options here.
Free Fitness Centre Orientations for Adults
Optimize your fitness centre experience by discovering the latest equipment while learning about workout program basics and fitness centre guidelines. A Fitness Centre Orientation is recommended for new patrons. Please book your free appointment in advance either in person with City Centre reception or by calling us at 604-204-8588.
Free Fitness Centre Orientations for Youth
Youth 13-17 years old are encouraged and welcome to use City of Richmond recreation fitness facilities with the following requirements:
- Submission of a completed and signed Parental Consent Form and PARQ+ Form found here
- Completion of a Youth Orientation session*
*Those 13-15 years old are required to take this session regardless of previous weight training experience. A session is not required for those 16-17 years old with previous weight training experience if noted on the signed Parental Consent Form. However, a meeting with a Fitness Attendant to read and sign a Fitness Centre Etiquette Form is mandatory. Sessions are free and can be booked at City Centre in person or by phone at 604-204-8588. Parental Consent Forms and Youth Orientations only need to be completed once and are transferable to all City of Richmond recreation fitness centres. Please note: the minimum age requirement for use of the City Centre Fitness Centre is 13 years.
Youth Facility Pass
Youth 13-17 years old can purchase a Youth Facility Pass for an annual rate of $7.00, which includes access to our Fitness Centre during youth specific hours. Youth must still complete the mandatory Fitness Centre Orientation and forms listed above.
For youth who are interested in further fitness centre access, find information about drop-in fees and Youth Total Fitness Passes here.