Fitness Facilities Highlights
- A 4,000 sq. ft. spacious fitness room to perform your workout
- Equipped with:
- Top of the line resistance machines from LifeFitness
- A wide range of free weights to meet everyone’s goals
- Resistance bands of all difficulties
- Medicine balls, Kettlebells, and much more to integrate into your program!
- Adaptive equipment available
- 23 fully interactive cardio machines to track your workout with internet and games
- Designated stretching areas and equipment to help loosen up stiff muscles
- Multifunctional “SYNGRY360” exercise station combined with TRX for pull ups, box jumps and overall body weight training
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the entire Fitness Centre
- Hours of Operation*
- 6:00am to 12:00am Friday & Saturday
- 6:00am to 11:00pm Sunday to Thursday
- **Holiday 2018 Hours:
December 24: 6:00am – 5:00pm
December 25: 10:00am – 3:00pm
December 26: 10:00am – 3:00pm
December 27: 6:00 am – 11:00 pm
December 28: 6:00 am – 11:00 pm
December 29: 6:00 am – 11:00 pm
December 30: 6:00 am – 11:00 pm
December 31: 6:00am – 5:00pm
January 1: 10:00am – 3:00pm
Group Fitness Centre Registered Classes
Our group training classes are an excellent way to learn new workout skills. Join us for registered fitness classes, including Suspension Training with TRX and Group Weight Training for Women.
For most current class offerings, times, and fees, please see our Seasonal Guide.
Three ways to register:
- By Phone: 604-204-8588 or 604-276-4300
- Online: www.richmond.ca/register
- In person at City Centre Community Centre, located at 5900 Minoru Blvd
Individual Fitness Centre Drop-Ins
Want to come work out casually? Drop-in any time during our fitness centre hours for a session at the gym or to participate in a drop-in group fitness class. Fees for drop-ins, punch cards (10 visits), and Total Fitness Passes can be found here.
Need some extra motivation in the gym? Want more advice on proper lifting technique? Learn more about Personal Training options here.
Free Fitness Centre Orientations for Adults
Optimize your fitness centre experience by discovering the latest equipment while learning about workout program basics and fitness centre guidelines. A Fitness Centre Orientation is recommended for new patrons. Please book your appointment in advance with City Centre reception in person or by calling us at 604-204-8588.
Mandatory Fitness Centre Orientations for Youth
Youth 13-17 years old are encouraged and welcome to use City of Richmond recreation fitness facilities with the following requirements:
- Submission of a completed and signed Parental Consent Form and PARQ+ Form found here
- Completion of a Youth Orientation session*
*Those 13-15 years old are required to take this session regardless of previous weight training experience. A session is not required for those 16-17 years old with previous weight training experience if noted on the signed Parental Consent Form. However, a meeting with a Fitness Attendant to read and sign a Fitness Centre Etiquette Form is mandatory. Sessions are free and can be booked at any facility. Parental Consent Forms and Youth Orientations only need to be completed once and are transferable to all City of Richmond recreation fitness centres. Please note: the minimum age requirement for use of the City Centre Fitness Centre is 13 years.
Youth Facility Pass
Youth 13-17 years old can purchase a Youth Facility Pass for an annual rate of $7.00, which includes access to our Fitness Centre during youth specific hours. Youth must still complete the mandatory Fitness Centre Orientation and forms listed above.