Fitness Facilities Highlights
- A 4,000 sq. ft. spacious fitness room to perform your workout
- Equipped with:
- Top of the line resistance machines from LifeFitness
- A wide range of free weights to meet everyone’s goals
- Resistance bands, Medicine balls, Kettlebells, and much more to integrate into your program!
- Adaptive equipment available
- 23 fully interactive cardio machines to track your workout with internet and games
- Designated stretching and functional training areas
- Multifunctional “SYNGRY360” exercise station combined with TRX, battle-rope, and box jump station for overall body weight training
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the entire Fitness Centre
Group Weight Room Registered Classes
Our group training classes are an excellent way to learn new workout skills. Join us for registered fitness classes, including Suspension Training with TRX and Group Weight Training for Women.
For most current class offerings, times, and fees, please see our Seasonal Guide.
Three ways to register:
- By Phone: 604 204 8588 or 604 276 4300
- Online: www.richmond.ca/register
- In person at City Centre Community Centre, located at 5900 Minoru Blvd
Need some extra motivation in the gym? Want more advice on proper lifting technique?
Our personal trainers are here to help. We offer one-on-one private training or group training (2-3 people) sessions to help you achieve your fitness goals. Regardless of your training background, age, fitness level and goals, our qualified trainers are here to help you in your fitness journey. For more information speak to one of our representatives or contact us during our hours of operation at 604-204-8588.
Free Fitness Centre Orientations for Adults
Optimize your fitness centre experience by discovering the latest equipment while learning about workout program basics and fitness centre guidelines. A Fitness Centre Orientation (FCO) is recommended for new patrons. Please book your appointment in advance with City Centre reception in person or by calling us at 604-204-8588.
Mandatory Fitness Centre Orientations for Youth
Youth ages 13-17 are encouraged and welcome to use City of Richmond recreation fitness facilities with the following requirements:
- Submission of a completed and signed Parental Consent Form and PARQ+ Form found at www.richmond.ca/fitness
- Completion of a Youth Orientation session*
*Those 13-15 years old are required to take this session regardless of previous weight training experience. A session is not required for those 16-17 years old with previous weight training experience if noted on the signed Parental Consent Form. However, a meeting with a Fitness Attendant to read and sign a Fitness Centre Etiquette Form is mandatory. Sessions are free and can be booked at any facility. Note: Parental Consent Forms and Youth Orientations only need to be completed once and are transferrable to all City of Richmond recreation fitness centres.