City Centre Community Centre has a wide variety of fun volunteer opportunities this summer to work with children and seniors. We are looking for youth (ages 14+), adults, and older adults who want to donate their time and support their community. Sign up ASAP!
2017 Parent and Tot Assistant – for French Fun, Mandarin Fun, or Spanish Fun
We are looking for Parent and Tot Assistants to work with 3 super cool programs: Mandarin, Spanish, and French Fun. This opportunity is a great fit for a youth ages 14+, adult or senior who enjoys languages and working with young children (age 18 months to 5 years).
- Time: Volunteer shifts are Saturday mornings July 8 – August 19 (see postings for exact times)
- Learn more & sign up: http://icanhelp.richmond.ca/recruiter/index.php?class=OppSearchResults&recruiterID=501&OppTitleDesc=Parent%20and%20Tot%20Assistant%20&type=all#.WUcU9usrKUl
2017 City Centre Fun in Lang Park Volunteers
Support children in your community while having a ton of fun! Lead fun children’s activities like arts & crafts, face painting, and bubbles, in addition to assisting City Staff in the set-up and takedown of Fun in Lang Park.
- Time: Fun in Lang Park shifts run every Tuesday and Thursday from July 5 – August 30, from 9:30am to about 12:15pm. Volunteers are strongly encouraged to volunteer for multiple shifts
- Learn more & sign up: http://icanhelp.richmond.ca/recruiter/index.php?class=OppSearchResults&recruiterID=501&OppTitleDesc=Fun%20in%20Lang%20Park&type=all#.WUccT-srKUk
2017 City Centre Summer Daycamp and Preschool Junior Leaders
Gain valuable volunteer experience as a 2017 Summer Daycamp Junior Leader with City Centre. Our daycamps are for ages 2-5 and ages 6-12 at Anderson and General Currie Elementary in July/August. This is a great opportunity for youth ages 15+ and young adults to gain leadership experience.
- Time: Mandatory training on June 24. Daycamps shifts run from July 3 – September 1, every weekday. Volunteers are required to commit a minimum of 5 consecutive days from Monday – Friday. See posting for exact times.
- Learn more & sign up: http://icanhelp.richmond.ca/recruiter/index.php?class=OppSearchResults&recruiterID=501&OppTitleDesc=City%20Centre%20Summer%20Daycamp%20and%20Preschool%20Junior%20Leaders%20&type=all#.WUcZ_usrKUk
2017 Summer Programs Volunteer Support Leader
Provide extra support for participants with behavioural/developmental challenges in our summer programs. This is a great opportunity for a youth age 15+ or adult who wants to further develop their skills working with children who need extra support.
- Time: Successful applicants will be expected to commit to 3 weeks from July 30-August 18, Monday to Friday from 8:45am to 4:15pm
- Learn more & sign up: http://icanhelp.richmond.ca/recruiter/index.php?class=OppSearchResults&recruiterID=501&OppTitleDesc=Summer%20Programs%20Volunteer%20Support%20Leader%20&type=all#.WUcZzOsrKUk
2017 Technology Help Volunteer Opportunity for 55+
Join a team of tech-savvy volunteers who take a leadership role in guiding seniors with technological problems! City Centre Community Centre is seeking mature individuals to instruct seniors with the operation of electronic devices. Minimum age 14. Must commit for full program July 8-Aug 26.
- Time: Shifts are on Saturdays from 3:00 – 5:15pm; July 8 – August 26. Training will be provided on July 4 from 3:00 – 3:45pm in the City Centre art room.
- Learn more & sign up: http://icanhelp.richmond.ca/recruiter/index.php?class=OppSearchResults&recruiterID=501&OppTitleDesc=Technology%20Help&type=all#.WUcVkusrKUk
2017 Wellness Clinic Assistant for 55+ – Morning or Afternoon Shifts
We are looking for volunteers to help facilitate our Wellness Clinics for older adults (55+) here at City Centre Community Centre. This is a great fit for adults or seniors who want to help support the clinic. Language skills in Mandarin or Cantonese is strongly preferred.
- Time: Morning Shift (8:00am – 12:00pm) OR Afternoon Shift (12:00pm – 2:30pm) on the first Thursday of each month. An ongoing monthly commitment is strongly preferred
- Learn more & sign up: http://icanhelp.richmond.ca/recruiter/index.php?class=OppSearchResults&recruiterID=501&OppTitleDesc=Wellness%20Clinic%20Assistant%20for%2055+&type=all#.WUcbLesrKUk